Saturday, July 4, 2009

Being stalked by a cyber bully

Have you ever been stalked and harassed by a cyber bully? What makes someone want to do something like this? Do they have so little attention in their "real" lives, that they have to find someone in the cyber world to try to obtain attention from?

Some of my friends and I are being stalked and harassed by not 1, but 2 of these cyber bullies. We will call the original stalker Ms. A and her friend that has joined in, Ms. B.

My friends and I are a group of people that all have homes and families. We have a special site that was set up by one of the members of our group, where we can go to post and just have fun. We all love to joke around, laugh and just enjoy life. At no time, have any of us hunted anyone down to harass. We just like to be left alone.

A little over 2 years ago, we met Ms. A, on a forum that was set up for Huntsville, Alabama. Ms. B also posted there, but on the forum for a different city.

When I first found this Huntsville forum, I lurked for a while to see what types of subjects were being discussed. I saw and read a thread started by Ms. A, in which she was laying out some of her supposed health issues. I noticed that almost every reply was negative. This made me feel sorry for this woman. I didn't understand why people would be so negative with regard to someone being ill. I finally posted for the 1st time, telling Ms. A that I understood what she was talking about, as one of my best friends also suffered from one of the illnesses that she had described. To my horror and amazement, instead of simply saying something like "Thank you for understanding", this woman went off on me. She accused me of laughing at her, making fun of her and basically calling her a liar! Right then and there, I came to understand why people were responding to her like they were. This woman was saying anything and everything that was rude and uncalled for, just to get attention. She even went so far as to post the personal and private info on one of the women, that became my friend. Ms. A had this woman's name, address and phone number posted on a public forum for anyone to read. Of course, as she does with everything else, she has denied being the person that did this, even though we all read her post.

Things became so bad with Ms. A, that someone offered to set up a private forum, where we could post and not have to be worried about Ms. A being allowed on the site. This worked well for a time, and then some things came up that several of us did not agree with, so we decided to leave the new forum, of our own accord. We were not asked to leave or banned, as Ms. A has proclaimed. We just thought that it would be better for us to find another place to post.

One of the ladies in our "friendship circle" was nice enough to take the time and effort to set up a new site for us. This is a forum where no posts are deleted for any reason, anyone is welcomed to sign up for the forum, and we can all just post and have fun with each other.

Can you guess what happened to us????? Well, stay tuned for part 2 and I'll tell you all what has been going on with our forum lately.

See you soon.............Deb

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Deb for setting up this blog and I hope it can help others or just let them vent.As you know I am one of the posters that Ms.A and Ms.B. decided to stalk and harass also.Blaming me for anything that was happening to them and even accusing me of stalking them and illegally obtaining information to do so.Even though they were to happy to tell me they were the ones that had people to hack and do illegal searches to personally stalk and harass me personally and also with my business.
    I agree with you Deb that people like this seek a never ending need for attention even if it is bad attention.
    My problems are still escalating with the lies and harassment from them and are pending with the justice system so I will let you know when each action against them happens.
    It is a shame when people are so jealous they do not fit in a certain circle that they have to try and drag down everyone down to their level

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunt, I know that they have really affected your life with their lies and stalking. Just remember that I, along with others, have seen their posts which reek of lies and jealousy....so if you need a witness, just let me know. I will gladly be there for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete